As part of NDLP, the school will be making arrangements for 2024 Secondary One students to purchase their Personal Learning Device (PLD) by the first Semester.
The PLD bundle purchased through the school will include the following:
Apple iPad 10th Generation (Wi-Fi)
3 years warranty and insurance
Device Management Application (DMA)
Apple Pencil (1st Generation)
Book Cover with Pencil Holder
Together with the device, your child will be provided with the following two accounts:
Student iCON, your child will receive an MOE-issued email address. This is a service provided by Google as part of the Google Suite. With the student iCON, your child will have access to the G Suite services including storage in Google Drive, access to Microsoft ProPlus as well as Zoom.
Managed Apple ID, the school will issue your child with an Apple ID managed by the school. This will come with 200GB of iCloud storage.
Use of Edusave
Singapore Citizen students can use Edusave for the purchase of the PLD.
To ensure the affordability of PLDs, MOE has provided Edusave top-ups of $200 from 2020 to 2022, and $300 in 2023 to all eligible Singaporean students in primary and secondary schools.
This is on top of the annual $290 credited into the Edusave account for Secondary School students.
Students currently on MOE financial assistance schemes will also receive subsidies for the PLD purchase. The school will confirm again with students should they need to reapply for financial assistance. More information will be shared by the school at a later date.
Please refer to the estimated timeline below for the upcoming dates to note for 2023 Sec One students. Parents will receive more information from the school in January 2023.
December 2023 till January 2024
• Parents to view the information on the website, including resources and FAQs, to find out more about NDLP@SCGS.
• Letter of Consent will be sent via Parents Gateway after the Q&A session.
• Selection of DMA Options will be sent via Parents Gateway
• For those who intend to use their existing device as the PLD, they would need to bring the device to school, for the school to ascertain its compatibility to the DMA and Apple Pencil.
• Parents are to note that the device would be reset to factory setting when the DMA is installed.
By Early-February 2024
• Individualised letter to inform parents of the amount to be deducted from Edusave / GIRO.
• Parents will receive the suggested conversation questions for parents. These suggested questions aim to support parent-child conversations around healthy online learning habits and use of the PLD at home.
• Parents will receive the school’s guidelines on Acceptable Use of PLDs.
By End-February 2024
• Collection and setup of Personal Learning Device.
• Suppliers to paste screen protectors for students who have purchased the device through the school. PLDs will be collected during the day and returned to the students when completed.
• Parents will receive the DMA Portal details.
Updated as of 12 January 2024